Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Scalloped Butterflies


To start the new year off right, I thought it would be a good idea to start off with some crafting from the get go in hopes that it will continue through the year. (Fingers crossed...) Nothing comes to those who don't work for it. One of the things I wanted to accomplish this year is to start challenging myself with creating new cards. It could be participating in various challenges or it could be working toward getting some of my work published. Big goals, yes. But I've always thought that reaching for the stars gets me farther than just reaching for the clouds. If I fall short of reaching the stars, at least I'll have visited the moon and not settled for the clouds. Anyway, enough with the metaphors and on to the fun stuff! That is why you're here to begin with!

This Christmas, I created a few sets of cards as my Christmas gifts. The designs are pretty simple but they pack quite a punch. I was shocked at how cute these cards turned out. This particular card is very simple and easy to put together. It is also easy to make multiples of this card as the butterflies can be cut up a few pieces at a time.

The rub-ons I used on this card is a retired set (Chit Chat, I think its called) but this can easily be replaced with the new rub-ons that are on the new Occasions Mini (Chat Room, item# 117199).

Stamps: -none-
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Melon Mambo, Prints Pack (Retired Hostess gift)
Ink: -none-
Accessories: Chit Chat rub-ons (retired), SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment