Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vintage Amour


Amour! 

I really LOVE this card.  It has taken me a while to get this card posted simply because I enjoyed looking at this beauty on my desk for a while.  Now that I think about how I came up with this card, it seems a little funny.  I had been playing with my new stamps that day and I experimented with all these elements.  I knew I wanted to use the Newsprint DSP so I cut some of that up. I had seen people stamp images right on the DSP so I tried that too.  Then I remembered a technique I used to love doing: antiquing (or sponging). I loved it so much that all my projects had some sort of antiquing done to it which is why I had to stop using it for a while.  I sponged the edge of the 'Amour' sentiment and tapped the same sponge on to the Eiffel tower image.  Once that was done, I had to come up with a card base.  What is a card without a base, right?  So I stamped Crumb cake ink on to crumb cake card stock.  I then punched some Cherry Cobbler card stock using the Scallop Trim Border punch. I literally tied all the pieces together with a big black ribbon.  I really LOVE how this all came together.  It was a hodgepodge mess when I was creating it but it came out to be SUCH A BEAUTY!! 

Have I said I love this card??  

Thanks for stopping by!  

Happy stampin'! 



Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Ink: Basic Black, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla cardstock, Newsprint DSP
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stamping Sponges, Snail, Corner Rounder Punch, Basic Black Satin Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Love it, Love it, Love it!!! I'll be getting this stamp set on Friday with my order, can't wait! I may have to just case this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage look.The ribbon really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story on how your beautiful card came to life! The creative messes usually means the best cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Now following from Stampin' Connection.

    Diana
    www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love it when a card comes together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking through your blog. You do some very nice work. I'm a new follower from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Following along from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete