Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Goody Bags


This year for Halloween I decided to make some goody bags for the kids that trick or treat at work. A little bit of background for the trick or treat at work: Halloween is a very big deal at my work place. They have the office all decked out for the occasion and there's always special events going on not to mention the big food spread they have available for all of the employees. Anyway, the company is very family oriented. So they have what they call a Teenie-Weenie Halloweenie parade wherein you could bring your kids to trick or treat around the office. They "hop" from desk to desk trick-or-treat-ing. Its always very cute and its so much fun to see all the kids. The last couple years I've worked there I didn't really prepare anything special for the occasion. But this year, since I'm a new Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I thought it would be a great opportunity to market my business in a somewhat subtle way. :) I actually included a postcard type card with the goody bags. If you look closely at the picture, you might see an orange sheet of paper with stars on it. I just stamped a Happy Halloween sentiment on the card and attached my contact information on the back (hehe). The bags were a big hit to say the least. Everyone thought it was very cute. We shall see if it brings in business. :P


I've been seeing these spiders on a lot of blogs and definitely around Splitcoast galleries. They're SO adorable! Unfortunately, I don't remember who created this ADORABLE critter so I can't properly give you credit (so sorry :( ).



The spider is made using only punches: scallop circle punch for the main body, 3/4 circle and 1/4 circle punch and uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (white) for the eyes, 1/4 circle punch for the nose and Photo corners punch for the legs. The photo corner punch produces a large corner and a small corner. I just put these on top of each other using different colors of course. Also, before I made all my punches, I ran the paper through the crimper to create some texture on the spider.



Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween. It fell on a Friday this year so I'm sure there are A LOT of grand celebrations going on tonight. Its a card crafting night for me tonight as I have to catch a plane early tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment